Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tahara Chaplin

For me, there is only one word to describe Tahara Chaplin: fresh. Fresh-faced with the freshest Jordans I have ever seen, Tahara knows what suits her small frame, mixing preppy elements with unique prints and playful accessories.









Bow: DIY
Cardigan: Forever 21
Shirt: Target
Jeans: Target
Sunglasses: Forever 21
Sneakers: Converse

When did you first become interested in fashion?
It probably started in 12th grade. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but that year I became more confident in myself and wanted to present that in the way I dressed. I was such a different person, and it was going to be a new beginning, a new world, so why not?

Who are some of your style icons?
I can't really think of any. I'm inspired by the people on lookbook.nu. I'm definitely more inspired by regular people and not celebrities. Celebrities have stylists who are basically just regular people.

What era inspires your style the most?
The late 80s. The clothing, the hair, the makeup: everything was just more "BAM!" in your face.

Does music have an effect on your style?
I always blast music when I'm getting ready to go out, especially when I am going to a party, so indirectly it has an effect on the way I dress, I guess. I actually have a "Getting Ready" playlist. Don't judge me!

Who are the three main artists featured on the playlist?
Definitely Rihanna, go-go music (it originated in DC, most don't like it and just think it's noise), usually Reaction, and Wale.

What are your three favorite pieces in your closet right now?
-My blue-and-white-striped blazer. It is probably the flashiest thing I own, and it kind of looks like the one from that Rihanna video ["What's My Name" featuring Drake]. I always get compliments on it, and of course I eat that shit up. You can wear it with just about everything.
-My boots. They're brown leather, but not real leather, and go mid-calf. I probably wear them the most often because 1) they're comfortable and 2) they go with everything: pants, shorts, skirts.
-My navy trouser pants. They just make an outfit pop, and an outfit wouldn't be as nice if I was just wearing regular blue pants.

If you could describe your style in one sentence or less, what would it be?
I honestly do not know. When I get dressed, I tell myself "I want to dress like Tahara today. What is that going to be?" But the thing is, even I don't know who she is yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment