Saturday, April 9, 2011

Annie Nardolilli

With a penchant for the past, Annie's interpretation of 1940s style is a refreshing detour from some of the more mainstream trends in fashion at the moment. Her utilization of different materials such as silk, wool and velvet, as well as her revival of the classical war-time silhouette, harken back to a time of impeccable tailoring and the heyday of designers like Coco Chanel and Edith Head.










Oxford: Unique
Scarf: from a friend's closet
Skirt: Anthropologie
Tights: Nordstrom
Shoes: Public Shoe House
Jacket: thrifted
Bag: thrifted
Rings: thrifted

What started your interest in fashion?
I decided I didn't want to wear pants anymore. It's hard not to take an interest in fashion when all you wear are skirts and dresses.

Who are some of your biggest style icons?
I really liked what Harper Lee was wearing in the movie "Capote." I also really like Amelia Earhart's style, not that I can really fly a plane!

What era most inspires your style the most?
1940s and kind of 50s.

What are your three favorite pieces in your closet right now?
-I have this dark purple dress I got at a flea market in New York. It's corduroy, slightly below the knee. It has an oxford collar and flairs at the bottom. It's beautiful.
-I have quite the collection of vests. My favorite is hippie-ish, stolen from my high school's theatre department.
-My gray pea coat, It always has the ability to pull together any look and make me feel like a grown-up.

Where do you shop?
I tend to shop at thrift stores. I also shop at Anthropologie when I can afford it. And my brother's closet, if that counts.

If you could describe your personal style in one sentence or less, what would it be?
1940s Polynesian housewife. The style's refined, but influenced by the native people.

No comments:

Post a Comment